Event Plan is a market leading conference and event management service provider. They run events for many well-known brands including Pfizer, UCC as well as some high profile once off events such as the wrap party of the television series, The Young Offenders.
As Event Plan mainly deals with large corporations and high profile clients, it was important to them that their website would look impressive and do an excellent job of showcasing their impressive portfolio of past events, which their previous website had not been doing a very good job of. They were also keen to keep and improve upon their rankings on search engines like Google.
Our Goals For Event Plan
Create an exciting website that set Event Plan apart from their competition
Showcase Event Plan's previous events
Showcase Event Plan's impressive list of clients
Design a website that was simple to navigate right from the first visit
Demonstrate exactly what it is Event Plan does in an obvious manner
Keep current SEO rankings and build and improve upon them
Our Approach For Event Plan
- We developed a home page design that, in the header, would use a showcase video of highlights from a plethora of different events that Event Plan had hosted in the past to give a great first impression to users and get them excited about the brand. On mobile, we went with a static image instead of the video to ensure the website loads lightning fast, even when people are browsing on their mobile device and connected to data.
- Further down the home page, we added a custom events section to further showcase Event Plan’s past projects. This includes a short synopsis of each event, accompanied by an image from the day and a “View Event” button which brings those who click on it to a page dedicated to that specific event. The specific event pages are also custom built and reusable and feature image and video galleries.
- We also added a gallery page. This can be found in seconds even by first-time visitors as we located it in the top navigation menu. This page displays all of the videos and images from previous events and is easy for Event Plan to edit or add more images/videos without having to come back to the developer.
- We designed a carousel of logos of previous clients that would always show above the fold and automatically scroll across to the left. This means that no matter what device a user is visiting the site on, they are instantly hit with the social proof of Event Plan’s high profile clients. We also developed an “Our Clients” page in the top navigation menu which has an editable gallery of client logos which can be added to and swapped in and out at will.
- We added sections to the home page as well as to the top navigation menu to clearly indicate what it is Event Plan does and where users should click to get more information on the specific services they require.
- Between our discussions with Jenny and Conor and our extensive keyword research, we rewrote almost all of the metadata across the site in order to improve Event Plan’s Google rankings for the search terms that were most important to their business.
- We developed an ongoing SEO plan based on content generation in order to further improve Event Plan’s search engine rankings.
Event Plan have a stylish website that impresses potential clients from the outset
Users immediately see how impressive Event Plan's past events are through the header video and events section
Visitors to the site instantly get social proof of Event Plans competence with the scrolling, above the fold client carousel
There is a clear and easy to follow page and menu structure so, even new users can easily find their way around and get in touch
It is now obvious in the first few seconds exactly what it is Event Plan does and how they have done it in the past
They now frequently rank in the top #5 on Google for important search terms like "Event Planning Cork" and are continuing to improve