Extensions on the Google search network provide ads with additional information. Extension examples include call buttons, additional information and text, location details, links to specific parts of your website and more, which expand your ad giving you a greater visibility and prominence on the search results page.
AdWords decide which extensions to show in response to each individual search on Google in order to maximize the performance of your ads so it’s a great idea to use all the extensions relevant to your business goals. This means you will get more value from your ad through extensions. They generally increase your total number of clicks and can give people an additional, interactive way of accessing your business.
There are two main types of extensions. The first is known as manual extensions which require manual set-up. The second is known as automated extensions and they are automatically added. No setup is required for automated extensions. They don’t show up among your options when you’re creating manual extensions, AdWords predicts which ones they think will improve your performance. Automatic extensions pull information from your website whereas with manual extensions you fill in the information.
- Call extensions – extend your ad with a phone number. If the ad is seen on a mobile device, there will be a clickable call button on the ad to directly phone the business. When the ad is viewed on a desktop or tablet, people will simply see the phone number.
- Sitelink extensions – These extensions show links to specific pages on your website beneath the text of your ads. Sitelinks bring you directly to the pages you are interested in.
- Structured snippets – They allow your ads to highlight aspects of what your business offers. Each snippet contains a header and a list of features you would like to highlight.
- Callout extensions – They let you include additional text with your ads. They are used to highlight short phrases like free shipping, free delivery etc.
- Location extensions – These extensions help people find your business location. Location extensions give users a better indication of where you are located.
- Reviews extensions – when creating a review extension, you’ll enter an exact or paraphrased quote that’s attributed and linked to a published source. This extension will give users a sense of reassurance about your business.
- App extensions– If your business has an app, you can link to it by using an app extension. This will encourage downloads or purchases of the app.
- Consumer rating extensions – A consumer rating highlights ratings based on consumer surveys from a specific industry.
- Previous visit extensions – These extensions show if a person has already been to your site before. An example of this might be “last visit two days ago”
- Dynamic site link extensions – This is automatically done where links to your website are shown below your ad.
- Dynamic structured snippets – These show additional landing page details automatically.
- Seller rating extensions– They show information and reviews next to your ad.
There’s no cost to add extensions to your campaign. Clicks on your ad including any extensions will be charged as usual. To learn more about how we can use Google Adwords to help your business grow, call us today on 021-234-8083 or visit us online today and book a consultation.